Statement of Faith
Word of Life Family Church
1. The Holy Scriptures - We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testament, are the inspired Word of God and are the revelation of God to man, the infallible Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. The One True God - We believe there is one God, Creator of all things, Who is infinitely perfect and eternally existent in three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ - We believe Jesus the Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, miracles and healings attest to His earthly ministry. He died on the cross as the sacrifice for our sins. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
4. The Fall of Man - We believe man was created in the image and likeness of God, but man voluntarily sinned and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God.
5. The Salvation of Man - We believe the only means of our reconciliation to God is through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for personal salvation and eternal spiritual life. The born-again believer is to separate from that which is evil and live a life of holiness unto God.
6. The True Church - We believe the true Church is composed of all those who are born again, as taught in the scriptures. Through this new birth, we are united together in the body of Christ. Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church. Every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
7. The Ministry of the Holy Spirit - We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. During this age He has been sent to indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service. The Holy Spirit bestows the spiritual gifts of: (1) Word of Wisdom, (2) Word of Knowledge, (3) Faith, (4) Gifts of Healings, (5) Working of Miracles, (6) Prophecy, (7) Discerning of Spirits, (8) Diverse Kinds of Tongues, (9) Interpretation of Tongues in and among believers on the earth since the Day of Pentecost and continuing until our Lord's return.
8. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit - We believe the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is granted to all believers who ask for this experience. We believe this experience is distinct from and follows the new birth. Every believer can and should be filled with the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues. We believe the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is witnessed by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance.
9. The Ordinances of the Church - We believe water baptism by immersion is a natural outward expression of the inward acceptance of the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ; however, it is not to be regarded as means of salvation. We believe the communion of the Lord's Supper is done in remembrance of Him: His suffering and death, burial and resurrection, His present priestly ministry and His coming again. We believe the elements, bread and the fruit of the vine, are the symbols expressing our sharing in the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ.
10. The Mission of the Local Church - We believe the mission of the local church is to assemble together as a corporate body in which man may worship God, to be an agency of God for evangelizing the world, to be a storehouse wherein may be shared all things pertaining to life and godliness, to equip the saints for the work of the ministry, to edify the body of Christ, till we all come in the unity of the faith.
11. The Ministry - We believe Christ has set in the church Apostles, Prophets,
Evangelists, Pastor and Teachers for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, to edify the body of Christ till we all come in the unity of the faith, wherein the mission of the local church may be accomplished.
12. Prosperity: Spirit, Soul and Body - We believe that without faith it is impossible toplease God. The atonement provides salvation for the believer, healing for the soul, healing for the body. We are redeemed from the curse of the law which is poverty, sickness and death. Our lives will be prosperous and healthy if we will walk in the light of this redemption with faith in God's Word.
13. The Rapture of the Church - We believe in the personal, pre-millennial, imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, the resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ, and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord. We believe this happening, referred to as "the Rapture", will deliver us from the Tribulation. We will be resurrected unto everlasting life and blessing in the presence of the Lord.
14. The Millennial Reign of Christ -We believe in the second coming of Christ with His saints to rule on the earth for a thousand years.
15. The Lake of Fire - We believe the devil and his angels, the beast and the falseprophet, and anyone whose name was not found written in the Book of Life, shall be consigned to everlasting punishment in the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. This is the second death.
16. The New Heaven and the New Earth - We believe heaven and earth shall passaway and a new heaven and a new earth shall be created wherein God Himself will make His residence. Believers shall be with Him eternally.